Aviation Security Management - Advanced (Classroom, 5 days)
The role of a security manager is vital in keeping aviation security (Avsec) measures relevant and in ensuring a proactive approach to security within the organization. This course helps you overcome both internal and external Avsec challenges.
Evaluate in-house and outsourced Avsec options, and learn how to select the right Avsec contractors for your organization. With the help of practical exercises, improve your contract management skills by learning how to select vendors and create request for proposal (RFP). Gain the skills you need to implement countermeasures that increase airport security, and simultaneously improve business by blending facilitation with security.
This course is available at IATA Training Centers, Regional Training Partner locations, and on-demand as in-company training.
What you will learn
On completion of this course you will be able to:
- Combine security with customer service
- Select Avsec contractors and create RFPs
- Manage human factors in aviation security
- Implement quality control measures to improve security
- Conduct vulnerability assessment of your organization
- Evaluate screening points and procedures for passenger and cargo
- Implementing international and national security legislation (EU, TSA)
- Applying Annex 17, ICAO and IATA security manuals
- Contract management and Service Level Agreements (SLA)
- In-house versus outsourced aviation security
- Controlling the flow of passenger and baggage
- Evaluating facilitation and Security Management Systems (SeMS)
- Ensuring the security of cargo, catering and stores
- Vulnerability assessments of airport facilities
- Guaranteeing asset protection
- Preventing fraud ad smuggling
- Responding to major security emergencies
Who should attend?
This course is recommended for:
- Managers from airports, airlines or civil aviation authorities
- Police and border control authorities
- Transport administration representatives
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 80% or higher on all exercises and exams. A special distinction is awarded to participant obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.
This course is a step toward earning an IATA Diploma in:
Aviation Security Management Diploma