Security Management Systems - SeMS (Classroom, 5 days)
Learn the essentials of IATA’s SeMS initiative and how it can make your organization IOSA compliant.
This course provides a structured approach to security process implementation in accordance with IATA Operational Safety Audit (IOSA) requirements. In daily classroom exercises, begin building a performance-based SeMS that produces measurable and auditable results.
This course is available at IATA Training Centers, Regional Training Partner locations, and on-demand as in-house training.
What you will learn
On completion of this course you will be able to:
- Understand the structure and components of the SeMS
- Plan an organizational structure in terms of security responsibilities
- Integrate SeMS procedures into your operations
- Build awareness and a security-oriented culture throughout your organization
- SeMSManagement systems overview
- IATA’s SeMS initiative
- Core elements of SeMS
- ManagementBuilding a security structure within your organization
- Contingency planning
- Security threat assessment
- Risk management
- Human factors
- QualityQuality control
- Quality assurance of SeMS
- IOSA compliancy
Who should attend?
This course is recommended for all staff with Avsec responsibilities, including:
Experienced screening staff
Civil aviation authority representatives
Law enforcement and other government personnel
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 80% or higher on all exercises and exams. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.
This course is a step toward earning an IATA Diploma in:
- Aviation Security Management Diploma
- Supply Chain Security Management Diploma
- Airline Operations Diploma
- Integrated Risk Management (IRM) Diploma