Station / Ground Handling Management (Classroom, 5 days)
Improve the On-Time Performance of your station.
Essential training for Station Managers working for ground service providers and self-handling airlines. This course helps you examine ground handling functions, from marshaling to pushback, check-in to deicing. Analyze the management responsibilities on the ramp and in the passenger and cargo terminals.
This course is available at IATA Training Centers, Regional Training Partner locations, and on-demand as in-house training.
What you will learn
On completion of this course you will be able to:
- Manage all ground handling services according to the IATA Airport Handling Manual (AHM)
- Increase the efficiency of stations as an airline or service provider
- Work within the frame of the IATA Airport Handling Manual and IATA Standard Ground Handling Agreement
- Build a sustainable relationship between the airline and handler management
- Cooperation between airlines and service providers
- Duties of the station manager
- Principles of customer service
- Facilitation and simplifying passenger travel
- Ramp,cargo and terminal activities
- Service Level Agreements (SLA)
- Resources and GSE management
- ULD handling
- Aviation security awareness
- Baggage handling
- Emergency response planning
Who should attend?
This course is recommended for:
- Airline station managers
- Ground handling managers and supervisors
- Airport authorities
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on all exercises and exams. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.
This course is a step toward earning an IATA Diploma in:
- Ground Operations Diploma
Advanced Airport Operations Diploma