Aircraft Turnaround Coordination and Loading Supervision with RampVR (Classroom, 4 days)
Lead your ramp team in the consistent servicing and turnaround of multiple aircraft types. Learn the essential technical procedures for aircraft handling and loading to optimize the use of ground service equipment and manpower. In this 4-day course you will also learn how to build a safety culture and ensure consistent on-time performance (OTP). Included in this course is RampVR™, the latest “plug-and-play” virtual reality training solution for ground operations.
RampVR™ is designed for ground operations professionals, and combines high-spec virtual reality hardware and software with IATA training. RampVR™ complements the theoretical knowledge with effective practical training in a very realistic environment, without disrupting active operations on the ramp. It allows you to generate a variety of scenarios or aircraft turnaround inspections featuring operational issues, damage or foreign object debris to enhance training. It also simulates day and night operations as well as adverse weather conditions and includes pause and review “operations” so details can be checked or explained.
This course is available at IATA Training Centers, Regional Training Partner locations, and on-demand as in-company training.
What you will learn
On completion of this course you will be able to:
- Manage the off-loading/ loading procedures of aircraft
- Manage the full turnaround of aircraft, coordinating resources and processes
- Apply best practices to be safe, punctual and commercially successful in turnaround services
- Understand and apply the safety and punctuality aspects of loading operations
- Design and offer consistent services according to widely accepted IATA Airport Handling Manual (AHM) and IATA Ground Operations Manual (IGOM) standards
- Take a leading role in your ramp team
- Airside and ramp safety
- Aircraft handling operations
- Aircraft movement
- Turnaround plan
- Aircraft loading functions
- Load control functions
- High efficiency factors
Who should attend?
This course is recommended for:
- Ground handling managers and supervisors
- Station supervisors
- Ramp and turnaround coordinators
- Loading supervisors and load controllers
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on all exercises and exams. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.
This course is a step toward earning an IATA Diploma in:
Airside Operations Excellence Diploma