Managing Accident Prevention and Investigation (Classroom, 5 days)
Starting with an overview of the legal responsibilities involved as per ICAO Annex 13, 19 and ICAO Doc. 9859, this course provides you with a practical understanding of accident preparedness and the details of the investigation process in the case of an aircraft accident. Gain the knowledge and skills to manage or participate in an accident response and support formal investigations.
This course is available at IATA Training Centers, Regional Training Partner locations, and on-demand as in-house training.
What you will learn
Upon completion of this course you will be able to:
- Understand the entire accident investigation process
- Know how to manage accident preparedness
- Participate in and support formal investigations
- Basic safety concepts and terminology
- State accident investigation responsibilities especially Annex 13, 19 and ICAO Doc 9859
- European regulation, national and domestic provisions and military provisions
- Preparation and readiness for an investigation into an aircraft accident
- Step by step process for managing an accident response including support functions such as managing communications and the media
- Participation in on-site investigation including safety on the accident site
- Accident and incident investigation techniques
- Flight recorders
- Airframe investigation
- How to manage investigation into the power plant both on-site and in the workshop
- Fire investigation
- How to investigate various aircraft systems
Who should attend?
This course is recommended for:
- Personnel involved in accident investigations from:Civil aviation authorities
- Airport authorities
- Air navigation service providers
- Accident investigation agencies and related aviation organizations
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on all exercises and exams. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.
This course is a step toward earning an IATA Diploma in:
Safety Management in Civil Aviation Diploma