Quality Management Systems (QMS) Awareness (Classroom, 2 days)
Learn the Quality Management Systems (QMS) essentials that will help to ensure your organization is committed to complying to regulations and satisfying the customer’s requirements. This introductory course will assist you in developing, implementing and managing a QMS and highlights the importance of applying Just Culture principles to quality assurance (QA) programs.
This course is available at IATA Training Centers, Regional Training Partner locations, and on-demand as in-company training.
What you will learn
Upon completion of this course you will be able to:
- Outline the evolution of the ISO 9000 Quality Management Standards
- Summarize the plan-do-check-act (PDCA) methodology
- Describe the 7 principles of quality management and risk-based thinking
- Highlight IATA’s common approach to quality assurance in IOSA, ISAGO and ISSA
- Apply Just Culture principles to quality assurance programs
- History of quality
- Rationale and history of ISO
- ISO 9000 quality concepts
- Key terminology
- The PDCA cycle
- Risk-based thinking
- Quality assurance
- ISO quality assurance
- IATA quality assurance program
- Just Culture in quality assurance
- Implementation of Just Culture
- Just Culture and quality assurance
Who should attend?
This course is recommended for:
- Ab initio quality professionals
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on all exercises and exams. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.
This course is a step toward earning an IATA Diploma in:
- Quality Management for Civil Aviation Authorities and Air Navigation Service Providers Diploma
- Airline Quality Management Diploma